Carnaross GAA Club, Co. Meath - A82 DW01

2007 B League Division 5

Carnaross 1-09 Drumree 1-10

B League (Division 5)

Played in Carnaross – 5/6/2007

Carnaross threw away a three-point lead in the closing stages to give visitors Drumree full points. Carnaross got the perfect start to the game when midfielder Gary Carroll made a fine run straight from the throw-in which resulted in him firing a fantastic shot to the back of the net. Drumree responded with a few points of their own shortly afterwards but Carnaross kept the initiative with further points from Daniel Reilly and Alan and Gary Carroll. Shane Comaskey pulled off a superb save on his return from Australia in the closing stages of the first-half which kept Carnaross in front at the break, 1-5 to 0-6.

Carnaross continued to keep the pressure on the visitors in the second-half and further points from Daniel Reilly, Stephen Yore and two sweet efforts in quick succession from Rory O’Connor ensured Carnaross kept their noses in front. Going into the final 10 minutes Drumree scored a point to leave two between the sides. This was followed shortly by a goal that sparked a schamozzle in the goal mouth which resulted in Colin Yore being sent-off along with a Drumree player. Carnaross fought back to equalise through a Daniel Reilly free, but Drumree got the final score of the game to win by the minimum, 1-10 to 1-9.

Carnaross: Shane Comaskey; Rory McNiffe, Eamonn Comaskey, Ciaran McDonnell; Thomas Farrelly, Peter Farrelly, Colin Yore; Michael Wilcox, Gary Carroll (1-1); Daniel Reilly (0-4), Alan Carroll (0-1), Peter Mullan; Stephen Yore (0-1), Rory O’Connor (0-2), Damian McArdle; Subs: Tadhg Skelly for Gary Carroll; Enda Gillic for Damian McArdle;

Donaghmore/Ashbourne 2-14 Carnaross 0-10

B League (Division 5)

Played in Ashbourne – 27/5/2007

No match report available.

Ratoath 3-14 Carnaross 1-09

B League (Division 5)

Played in Ratoath - 25/3/2007

Carnaross got their B League campaign off to a bad start when they were beaten by a stronger Ratoath side. Ratoath started the game the brightest and raced into an early lead kicking five unanswered points. Carnaross were awarded a penalty at the midway stage of the first-half and Declan Reilly made no mistake from the spot kick. This brought Carnaross back into the game and they were only three points behind at the interval, 1-2 to 0-8 following two more points from Reilly.

Ratoath scored an early goal in the second-half which widened the gap again. Carnaross battled on with Stephen Dawson and Reilly adding points. When Ratoath scored two more goals the game was as good as settled. Carnaross scored two more points near the end from Rory O’Connor and Gary McDonagh to leave the final score, 3-14 to 1-9, in favour of the home side. The game also marked the return to action for Gavin Murphy following a broken leg.

Best for Carnaross were Patrick Smith, John Plunkett and Peter Farrelly in defence, Brian Smyth at midfield and Declan Reilly in attack.

Carnaross: Gavin Murphy; John Plunkett, Patrick Smith, Tadhg Skelly; Rory O’Connor (0-1), Peter Farrelly, Rory McNiffe; Eamonn Comaskey, Brian Smyth; Pierse Caulfield, Declan Reilly (1-6), Stephen Dawson (0-1); Colin Yore, Gary McDonagh (0-1), Damian McArdle;

Ratoath (3-14) Carnaross (1-9)

Donaghmore/Ashbourne (2-14) Carnaross (0-10)

Carnaross (1-9) Drumree (1-10)

Longwood (8-10) Carnaross (0-5)

Carnaross (0-11) Gaeil Colmcille (3-13)

Carnaross (0-8) Ballinlough (0-11)

Carnaross (0-13) Clann na nGael (3-7)

Curraha (3-13) Carnaross (1-10)




Our Pitch Sponsors

Thanks to all our sponsors for your continued support