Carnaross GAA Club, Co. Meath - A82 DW01

2010 Feis Cup

Carnaross 3-10 Trim 1-14 (after extra-time)

Feis Cup (Round 1)

Played in Carnaross – 11/5/2010

Carnaross advanced to the second round of the Feis Cup following a well deserved two point victory over senior side Trim.  Extra time was needed to separate the sides after Trim scored a late equalizing goal in normal time.

Just as the game started both sides were met with a downpour of rain which lasted most of the opening period.  An early point from John L McGee opened the scoring but Trim responded strongly and went on to take a three point lead with four points in a row.  McGee then levelled matters when he converted a penalty after being taken down in the area.  Trim restored their lead scoring three points but Brian Comaskey and Dermot McGee left Carnaross well in contention trailing 1-3 to 0-7 at the break.

Trim started brightest after half-time and extended their lead to three points after ten minutes. Carnaross then enjoyed a spell of domination when John L McGee finished to the net before adding a point from play.  Dermot McGee scored two fine points from play and Patrick Nugent converted a ’45 with Trim’s only response coming from a ’45 of their own.  Carnaross looked to have done enough as they led by three points but Trim managed to find the goal they needed two minutes into added time.  The final whistle sounded from the resulting kickout and extra-time was needed.

Carnaross spurned three early scoring chances in the opening period of extra time and Trim punished them with two points from play.  With the final play before the interval John L McGee scored his third goal of the game to give the home side a 3-8 to 1-13 lead.  Trim scored another point after the restart to leave the sides level once again.  However it was Carnaross who finished strongest and a point each from Ollie Murphy and Dermot McGee ensured the win following a tight and entertaining game despite the conditions.

Carnaross: Cillian Comaskey; Shane Comaskey, Thomas Nugent, Patrick Nugent (0-1); Eamonn Comaskey, Stein Carpenter, Peter Nugent; Dermot McGee (0-4), Brian Comaskey (0-1); Damian Smith, John L McGee (3-3), Charles Brogan; Daniel Reilly, Ollie Murphy (0-1), Niall McDonnell; Subs: Peter Farrelly for Shane Comaskey; Ciaran McDonnell for Peter Nugent;

Carnaross 0-9 St. Michaels 1-12

Feis Cup (Round 2)

Played in Carnaross – 11/6/2010

The Feis Cup ended for Carnaross at the second round stage following a tough encounter with neightbours St. Michaels.

There was nothing between the sides in the first half as they were level five times to leave it 0-5 each at the break.  Niall McDonnell scored the first point after good work from Dermot McGee. Peter Mullan added another before two frees from Ollie Murphy and Mullan again completed the scoring for Carnaross.

Another free from Ollie Murphy gave Carnaross an early lead after the break, but St. Michaels responded with three unanswered points.  Murphy got another one back but once again St. Michaels scored another three points to lead by four. Going into the closing stages Carnaross cut the margin with Patrick Nugent converting a ’45 and Murphy adding a free.  There was only a goal between the teams going into the closing stages.  Carnaross attempted to find the goal they needed but with the final play of the game St. Michaels found the net to seal their victory.

Carnaross: John Ward; Shane Comaskey, Thomas Nugent, Patrick Nugent (0-1); Eamonn Comaskey, Stein Carpenter, Peter Nugent; Dermot McGee, Brian Comaskey; Damian Smith, Ollie Murphy (0-5), Charles Brogan; Daniel Reilly, Niall McDonnell (0-1), Peter Mullan (0-2); Subs: Ciaran McDonnell for Daniel Reilly;




Our Pitch Sponsors

Thanks to all our sponsors for your continued support