Carnaross GAA Club, Co. Meath - A82 DW01

2012 Feis Cup

Carnaross 2-10 Ballivor 0-9

Feis Cup – Round 1

Played in Carnaross – 30/6/2012

Carnaross got their Feis Cup campaign off to a winning start with a well deserved win at home to Ballivor.

The opening half was tight throughout and Carnaross were left wondering how they finished the half a point down after having plenty of possession but ended up registering ten wides. John L McGee converted a free in the first minute before Ballivor replied with two points to take the lead. McGee had the sides level after fifteen minutes but Ballivor edged in front a minute later. Once again McGee converted to level the game but Ballivor were taking their chances and took a two point lead before McGee finished the first half scoring to leave Carnaross trailing 0-4 to 0-5 at half-time.

An early free from John L McGee had the sides level for the fourth time. McGee then had a chance ten minutes in to score the opening goal but was unlucky to see his effort go the wrong side of the post. He was in luck however a minute later when his long range free troubled the Ballivor keeper who stepped over the line to give the home side a three point lead. This goal boosted Carnaross and points from McGee, John Carpenter and John Ward doubled their lead with fifteen minutes remaining. However, Ballivor refused to give up and three points in a row gave them every chance with ten minutes remaining. Ballivor then had a player sent off for a second yellow and Carnaross extended their lead once again with two points from John L McGee. Ballivor added another point but Niall McDonnell finished the scoring with a well taken goal for Carnaross in the final minute.

Carnaross: Cillian Comaskey; John Plunkett, Charles Brogan, Peter Carpenter; Ian Donoghue, Eamonn Comaskey, Liam Brogan; John Ward (0-1), Brian Comaskey; John Carpenter (0-1), John L McGee (1-8), Rory O’Connor; Niall McDonnell (1-0), Cathal Allen, Shane Casserly; Subs: Stephen Flattery for Cathal Allen; Paul Donoghue for Rory O’Connor;

Carnaross 0-11 Walterstown 2-10

Feis Cup – Round 2

Played in Walterstown – 15/7/2012

The concession of two goals in the space of two minutes midway through the first half proved costly for Carnaross in a tough encounter with Walterstown.

Carnaross started the game well and points from Niall McDonnell (2) and Ollie Murphy gave them a 0-3 to 0-1 lead after ten minutes. However, Walterstown turned the game around by hitting 2-3 without reply in the space of six minutes to take a seven point lead. Carnaross replied well and reduced the margin to a goal with points from Niall McDonnell (3) and Brian Comaskey. The last score of the half went to Walterstown to leave them leading 2-5 to 0-7 at the break.

Both sides exchanged a point each after the restart with Niall McDonnell pointing for Carnaross. Carnaross went on to reduce the margin to just two points with two more points for McDonnell. However, Walterstown restored their four point lead with two points within a minute and added another with ten minutes remaining. Rory O’Connor pointed for Carnaross but Walterstown got the last score with two minutes remaining.

Carnaross: Cillian Comaskey; Patrick Nugent, Eamonn Comaskey, John Plunkett; Colin Yore, Charles Brogan, Liam Brogan; John Ward, Brian Comaskey (0-1); Stephen Flattery, Thomas Nugent, Stephen Dawson; Niall McDonnell (0-8), Ollie Murphy (0-1), Rory O’Connor (0-1); Subs: Matthew O’Reilly for John Plunkett;



© Carnaross GFC, Carnaross, Kells, Co. Meath